For many business owners, the company has been a major part of your life for many years. Most retirement age business owners noodle on the question of “hold vs. sell” for what turns out to be a long time. Making a firm decision to sell the business seems to be among the most difficult decisions for owners. A business sale decision often becomes easier when an owner experiences a decline in their passion for the business and gradually becomes an absentee owner -or- they become ill and unable to continue on as before. Unfortunately these scenarios often cause the business's fortunes to wane and the sale to become more compulsory. At Cambridge, we recommend selling a little early is better than selling too late.
Key elements of our Sell Side advisory process includes among others, the following:
- Discussion and understanding of our clients' objectives
- Understanding our clients industry and universe of potential buyers
- Detailed analysis of our clients business and financials
- Preparation of a confidential memorandum that summarizes our clients business for a prospective acquirer, including potential operating improvements and/or buyer synergies
- Confidentially contacting potential buyers to ascertain their interest in acquiring our clients business
- Prequalify interested buyers and execute all necessary NDA and confidentiality agreements prior to providing buyers with confidential memorandum on our client
- Arrange for buyers to meet with our client (tour), including responding to buyer inquiries
- Monitor the due diligence activities of the buyers
- Review and present buyer proposals to our client and work with our client’s counsel to negotiate the definitive purchase and sale agreement.
Our principal merger & acquisition services include the following:
Sell Side Merger & Acquisition
We advise clients in the sale of a business or a business segment. We also represent buyers with acquisition searches, business brokerage and market research. Cambridge Partners is registered with the Illinois Secretary of State under the Business Brokers Act of 1995. Click here to learn more about what we do.
Private Placement and Capital Advisory
We help our clients source various types of debt and equity capital.
Industries served by the Cambridge Partners M&A Advisory team include:
|Automotive components||Aviation products and services||Business services||Catalog and E-commerce||Chemical products|
|Consumer products||Distribution||Food and drink equipment||Food processing||Healthcare|
|Janitorial and commercial maintenance||Manufacturing||Marketing and promotion||Optical coatings||Packaging|
|Quick service food establishments||Retail||Software and technology||Training and education||Transportation and logistics|
We have significant experience in providing valuations, fairness opinions, quality of earnings reviews and other valuation related services for purposes of financial planning, litigation support, tax and estate, FASB compliance, bank financing and many others.